Lean to build home wind turbines. Find FREE forklift batteries and fix them. It's easy. Anyone can do it!
So, you're looking into building home wind turbines and it's brought you here. There are some great wind turbine do it yourself books that talk about hand carving blades out of wood and how to make your own generator from scratch. This includes even winding your own coils, welding , etc. But still, this is cheap but not very simple. Not simple at all. I will teach you how to make it simple.
I believe there is too much waste in the world right now. I love the concept of taking something labeled as "junk" and making it new again. I hate to see batteries go to scrap when it is easy to get some more life out of them. Imagine all that lead and sulfuric acid has to go somewhere and I'm always afraid it will impact the environment or the water supply.
This ebook is full of pictures and diagrams to explain the concepts. In it I cover the following and a lot more:
- how to make FREE homemade wind turbine blades and it will only take about an hour to finish a set of 3.
- a page full of equations and examples of how to use them to figure out power, rpm, tsr, windspeed etc. (units are in miles per hour and feet)
- how to find FREE fork lift batteries and how to make them as good as new
- making a homemade de-sulfator so you can "pulse" any battery back into new condition
- what kind of generator to look for and how to get the best prices
- how to make a simple "furling" system to protect the windmill in high winds
- how to charge several banks of batteries all at once while pulsing them back to health
- How to make a 1,000 watt wind turbine for less than $150 (including tower)
- How to make a 3,000 watt wind turbine for about $220!
This ebook now includes a section on building 3,000 watt home wind turbines with 11 foot diameter blades.