Are you tired of noisy, bright, passive electronic plastic toys for your baby?
What do you do with this active, sensory seeking baby who puts everything in his mouth and his attention span is very short?
- You want your baby to be curious and make discoveries whilst playing because you know it's the best way to learn.
- They enjoy the movement and feel the motion.
- Little scientists testing pull, testing teeth, banging, feeling, experiencing the world around them...testing your patience.
- What can you do about the mouthing?
- They love to put everything into their mouth. Whether they are sitting on your lap or on the floor, they find it!
- Provide as much detail as possible (without giving away all the course info), so they can make their opt-in decision.
You notice he's drawn to everything that is not a toy; the spoon you are holding, the envelope or discarded newspaper swiped from the table, his blankie. He pulls at the grass over and again. Yet he stays still listening to the loud landing of birds in the nearby trees.
Babies are attracted to natural objects!
because babies are sensory seekers with mouthing and touching being their favourite sources.
- Their play environment is often primarily plastic. Plastic tastes the same. Imagine your water bottle left out in the sun, full of warm water that tastes like plastic. Unsurprisingly, the plastic toy tastes the same.
- The electronic ones do a lot and one thing, let me explain:
- But they all work well with a push or a bash, there's no chance for discovery.
- Electronic toys are brightly coloured with different patterns, shapes, and textures. They have repetitive music on a loop, all in the same toy.
They are more toy than the child using it.
8 Benefits of Treasure Basket Play
- Gives your child rich learning experiences with planned creative play activities.
- Encourages imaginative play opportunities as they get older by using the same object naturally in a different way. ( The stone can be whatever you want it to be- money, tea, the babies food, the magic hen)
- Ample opportunities for independent decision making- rare chance that your child controls the environment.
- Play activities are suitable for home, daycare, playgroups and playdates with easy to follow instructions.
- Learn about the power or heuristic play model and the knock on effects on their creativity and imaginary play.
- Provides developmentally appropriate play activities for your baby that are educationally sound and don't expect one way of playing.
- Naturally transitions from Treasure Basket to Heuristic play explained with examples to continue the play model.
- Saves you time with the ready made lists of objects and ideas to build on.