What if you could not only cross the finish line of a Tough Mudder race but could do so injury-free and feel strong enough to do it a second time right then?
In fact, I have often crossed paths with other local fitness businesses on the course and left them in the dust as I run past them. They have been asking me ‘what we do differently?’ to allow us to dominate them so effortlessly.
And really the answer comes down to how we write programs for our clients and athletes. This is our ‘secret sauce’ which our competitors would love to have a taste.
So what makes our program different? We for starters it is:
- Based on proper energy system development – You’ll have the energy to explode up Mount Everest (google this is you’re not familiar), carry a team-mate on your shoulders, run for 20 plus kilometers and scale steep climbs. Even though this is a 20 km long race we don’t simply program in long, steady-state runs of this distance. Who has time for that? Plus it’s boring as hell!
- Needs based – We program the exercises you need to overcome any obstacle thrown at you on race day. If you’re thinking of any traditional bodybuilding, powerlifting, Olympic lifting, WOD or other program than you’re wrong. We took the time to do a needs-analysis of this event and carefully select the movements and exercises which will translate to success in Tough Mudder.
- Progressive – This program builds as you go and allows you to continually improve as you go. The movements and exercises get more challenging as your fitness improves. There are novel tweaks to continually make the program more Tough Mudder specific.
- Proven – As I mentioned above we have had 100% success with clients using this program and completing Tough Mudder. And when you check out the fitness and physiques of our clients they really stand out at the finish line. (check us out below)
- Full of variety – You will do a number of different exercises and movements, many that you may not have done before. If you like change and enjoy trying new things than this is the program for you.
- Tougher than the race – You will find that completing all of the training sessions in this program will have you feeling that your training was tougher than the actual event. And it’s way more enjoyable to do the event when you’re in shape for something than being the weak-link on your team. Nothing worse than feeling physically and mentally beaten.
And trust me...having the right program from day 1 makes all the difference. Because there are enough problems with training for Tough Mudder including:
- What types of lifts should I emphasize? Are there any special modifications I should make to ensure the training is as specific as possible?
- Where to start? What do I do first? How much should I do?
- How do I prepare for Tough Mudder while still having a life? Can I prepare for this event without having to run 20 km and do marathon gym workouts?
- Wondering if your efforts are simply making you tired and sore or if they are leading to a successful outcome?
- Can I train in a way that helps to prevent the potential for injury? In Whistler for example 17,000 people took part of which it is estimated 15% suffered some type of injury. How can you train to minimize the chance you won’t be one of the over 2500 who will be injured at the end?
But that’s where you’re in luck. This program works. All your bases are covered with this comprehensive program which includes:
- The Unofficial Tough Mudder Training Program
- The Unofficial Tough Mudder Training Program HD Videos
- The Unofficial Tough Mudder Gear
- The Unofficial Tough Mudder Obstacles
- The Unofficial Tough Mudder Nutrition
- The Unofficial Tough Mudder Mobility