The Bible, Sex, And This Generation (free version)How God's Word Applies Today
Learn What The Bible Really Says About Sex!
- How should Christians view and treat those living in defacto relationships?
- Do men and women today really have to wait until they are married before having sex? And what happens if they don't?
- Have you ever wondered why Jesus gives an 'exception' for divorce in only one gospel?
- Or why men described as 'righteous' in the Old Testament were allowed more than one wife?
- And have you ever pondered how these and other biblical teachings on sex can be translated into your life today?
The Bible, Sex, And This Generation (free version)
Contents of the ebook:
The introduction to the ebook sets out some of the questions that it aims to answer. It explains why this ebook is necessary, and why it will be of interest to readers.
Chapter 1 IN THE BEGINNING
This chapter looks primarily at the ebook of Genesis, and its teachings on sex. It finds that when a couple has sex, they are expected to remain married companions for life. It also finds that people were meant to be sexually faithful to their one partner for life.
Chapter 2 HOW GOD JOINS COUPLES IN MARRIAGE
Are couples joined in marriage by God even when they don't have a church wedding ceremony? If so, then how does God do this?
Chapter 3 SEX IS COVENANT
In this chapter, we look at many biblical covenants - their outward signs, their requirements, and the blood sacrifices that seal them. We compare the covenantal relationship of marriage to other forms of covenants.
Chapter 4 THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF SEX
Following on from Genesis we look at how men had a responsibility to keep every woman that they had had sex with as their wife. We also look at different classes of wives such as concubines and queens.
Chapter 5 ADULTERY - SEX WITH A MARRIED WOMAN
This chapter teaches that biblically, adultery is sex with a married woman - not a married man. It shows this from the perspectives of both the Old and New Testaments.