Who this ebook is for
Managers, supervisors, and employees at any level who wish to reduce the work content of resources deployed in their areas of responsibility. Armed with this ebook you'll find plenty of opportunities to make improvements, then go about getting the improvements embedded as standard.
You will find the guide simple, practical and highly effective. It also provides a new outlet for your creativity and absorbing dimension to your job- a constant challenge to do things better!
- Uniformly report results using a Productivity Index (PI) from a base starting point in time
- Trend SRPs ratios and TRP ratio over time to develop and maintain improvement culture
- Simple, practical and effective techniques to improve productivity
- Quick, easy to learn techniques to measure current productivity
- Quick start checklists will save money in your organization today, next year and beyond.
- Measure and improve single resource productivity (SRP) ratios
- Includes learning objectives
- Easily measure and improve total resource productivity (TRP) ratio
- Concepts clearly and simply illustrated
- Career long skill enhancement benefit, those that improve productivity go a long way in their chosen careers
- Applicable to any business organization
- Factors that influence productivity
Physical and psychological influences. Utilization of resources. Efficiency of resources. Work methods. Supervision. Motivation.
- Learn and define
What is productivity. Production process. Service industries. How production is measured. Production v. productivity. How productivity is expressed. Importance of improving productivity.
- Measure utilization and efficiency
How to do activity sampling. How to do work sampling. Time study, rating, allowances and standard time (time study techniques required in certain circumstances.)
- Measure and improve clerical productivity
Principle of self management. Measuring clerical utilization. Time logs. Task measurement. Establishing standard times. Establishing workloads by departments and sections. Improving clerical productivity.
- Ways to improve productivity explained
Methods analysis. Method improvement. Value analysis. Loss control. Overcoming resistance. Gaining cooperation.
- Profit from productivity
Short and long term investments. Return on assets managed. Productivity of fixed assets. Productivity of current assets. Role of productivity improvement. Every employee a finance manager.
- Setting up a productivity improvement program (PIP)
Gaining management commitment. Selecting team leaders. Training the teams. Keeping it going.