Lucid Dreaming Techniques Ebook
Title: Lucid Dreaming Techniques
Conclusion DREAMING EXPLAINED
Each night, we spend about one and a half to two hours dreaming. We dream about once every 90 minutes of sleep. The time you spend in dreams becomes longer throughout the night, from about 10 minutes to around 45 minutes or slightly longer. But what happens when we sleep?
There are five stages of sleep: four stages of NREM (Non-REM) sleep, also called SWS (Slow-Wave Sleep), and one stage of REM (Rapid Eye Movement) sleep. The most vivid dreams, and therefore the ones we remember the most, occur during REM sleep (though we dream in other stages too). One sleep cycle is roughly 90 minutes long.
- (NREM) The first stage is a transition state between wakefulness and sleep. This is the stage that hypnagogic imagery occurs in. It usually passes into stage 2 within a few minutes.
- (NREM) During stage 2, the body gradually shuts down, and brain waves become larger.
- (NREM) Stage 3 usually occurs 30 to 45 minutes after falling asleep the first time. Large, slow delta brain waves are generated.
- After stage 4, the NREM stages reverse and move back to stage 2, and then into REM sleep.
- (NREM) Stage 4 is often called "deep sleep" or "delta sleep". The heart beats the slowest and there is the least brain activity. It is during this stage that sleepwalking usually occurs.
- (REM) During REM sleep, some parts of the brain are nearly as active as while awake. In this stage, your eyes flicker rapidly (hence the acronym Rapid Eye Movement). Your body is paralyzed, probably to prevent you from acting out your dreams.
After the REM state, you sometimes wake briefly. This is usually forgotten by the time you wake up in the morning. If you don't wake up, you go to stage 2.
|Lucid Dreaming Made Easy|
Author: Benjamin Lime
Category: Mind, Psychology, Self Help
|5 Steps To Lucid Dreaming!|
Category: How To
|Personal Mastery Techniques|
Author: Brian Klemmer
Category: Self Help
|101 Coaching Techniques|
|Real Estate Marketing Techniques|
Author: Joe Crump
|Memory Improvement Techniques|
|The EFT Coach: Emotional Freedom Techniques for the Professional Coach|
Author: Mary Jones
Category: Manuals, Psychology, Self Help
|Educational Psychology CLEP Test|
Site owner: Put the rating form on your site!
Listing wrong or need to be updated? Modify it.
Child Custody (32)
Christian Books (116)
Cover design (3)
Fish and Fishing (60)
For Authors (80)
Green Products (39)
Home Business (182)
How To (236)
Illustrated Picture Books (22)
Law and Legal (26)
Real Estate (64)
SEO and Promotion (76)
Science Fiction (34)
Self Defense (72)
Self Help (500)
Weight Loss (234)
Young Adult (44)
53 Psychology ebooks Click here to see the full list of these ebooks
(total value $498.15)
just for $29.95
Any 100 ebooks from 2000+ titles Click here to see the full list of these ebooks
just for $29.95
Get full access to 2000+ ebooks Click here to see the full list of these ebooks
just for $49.95
From: World Wide Web Awards™
E-Library has been selected to receive the World Wide Web Awards™ "Gold"Award.
The World Wide Web Gold Award represents web presence at its best.
Select spelling error with your mouse and press Esc