- Are you worried about potential complications?
- Would you like to build your own Kit Home?
- Are you unsure you can get the help you require?
- Is it possible to avoid the pitfalls of a Kit Home build?
So why did I write this book?
I've learnt there are many areas a new builder of kit homes can falter, from negotiating with the kit provider to selecting house foundations. So, to help other owner builders avoid and fix construction mistakes before they become costly time killers, I have written this book.
This is an instructive read that provides insights, logical ideas, and practical tips that clear the way to an enjoyable building experience.
Inside this book you'll discover tips on...
- Site selection and preparation: home sites, neighbours, excavation and security
- Groundwork: choosing plans, budgeting, pc choice, kit provider negotiation, and skills
- Kit design: sustainability, bathrooms, electrics, kitchens, floor-plan and dimensions
- Project management: project logs, planning, advice and protection of assets
- Compliance and due diligence: rules, legals, approvals, safety and insurance
- Common building mistakes: involving frames, piers, insulation, pests, wet areas and finishing.