Changing opportunities in wireless, telecommunications,
Internet, Cable television and IPTV
Lets take a closer look at the job market in wireless and telecom.
- If your job is cut, will you be offered another position in the company?
- Parts of the industry are growing and parts are shrinking.
- What is the future of the merger wave and what impact will that have?
- Of the parts that are growing, why are some growing more quickly?
- Will you still have your current job in a few months?
- The telecom industry continues to transform itself. We are in the middle.
- Will your company, who has needed you over the years, still need you or will your job disappear along with many others?
- Is the pressure on the job market caused by the economy or changing industry?
- Being on the right side of the line can make all the difference for you.
- Parts are facing new and strong competitive forces, while others are not.
- What do mergers mean to this job market?
- Lets look at the employment market changes during the last decade, where we are today, and where things are heading.
Other topics discussed;
- Wire-line is shrinking. Well parts are shrinking. Other parts are growing.
- Merger wave continues, but will be different going forward
- Wireless grew and continues to grow today, but is changing.
- What type person are you?
- All these factors play a role in today's marketplace
- Cable television vs. Baby Bells
- What are the reasons for job cuts?
- Brand building for Cox
- Cell phone makers; smart phones vs. ordinary handsets, the switch is on
- Will the cable television company re-enter the wireless telephone space?
- Timing can make all the difference to you.
- Cable television is another sector with strong growth, but much change ahead
- Clearwire and cable television
- Cable television new opportunities, wins and losses
- Where are the jobs today? Where are they going?