Former staff and Big 4 insiders teach you:
- The one thing that is far more important than grades and professional experience
- How to master the Big 4 'meet and greet'
- What is happening in the accounting world right now (IFRS, Fair Value Accounting, FIN 48, FAS 157/159, etc.) and how to use it to your advantage
- The single, best question you can ask in an interview
- How to get your foot in the door of the Big 4 Firms
- How to stand out at the career fair
- The interview questions you will be asked and the answers to give
- How to nail the interview
- The secret traps used by the Big 4 to weed out candidates
- The one thing NEVER to say to the Big 4
Landing a job is the ultimate final exam....Â and we have the answer key.
So, you want to get a job in the wonderful world of accounting. Good for you. The field of accounting is one of the safest, strongest and most well-paid. In good times and bad, the world always needs great accountants.
Get Your Foot in the Door
In my experience, sometimes the challenge can be just getting your foot in the door. You know that you can interview well if you can just get in front of the right people who make the decisions. Well in chapter three, the author discusses all the different techniques for getting your foot in the door for an interview. Specific areas that he details is:
- Campus Job Fair & What To Do
- Specific Online Job Boards to Target
- How to Request an Office Visit
The Donut Scandal
Chapter 4 is definitely the most insightful chapter in the ebook. I won't go into detail as I don't want to steal the ebook's thunder but he does a really nice job of describing to you what you need to do step by step in:
- During the interview
- Post Interview
These tips are solid for any type of interview but there are a few tips that are specific to the Big 4 and you will want to know these before going into an interview. This chapter is worth the price of the ebook and will greatly increase your chances of getting hired in the Big 4.