Thinking About a Parrot For a Pet?
You need to prepare yourself BEFORE you get to the "buying" stage. What are some of the questions you need to ask a potential seller? Here are just a few:
- What is the bird's age?
- How wild are these birds?
- How to use free research techniques to create customer focus
- Where did this bird come from?
- Beware of money-hungry breeders!
Why do you want to purchase a parrot? This is not a trick question. Everyone has different needs and desires but when it comes to inviting an exotic creature such as a parrot into your home you had best know your motive.
Who will care for your parrot? Do you know what is entailed in the everyday care and feeding of a parrot? What else is there to think about? Let's take a look:
- Should you buy pet insurance?
- What about your other pets?
- What to feed your parrot.
- What kind of cage do you need?
- Is there an experienced bird veterinarian in your area?
- How much does the vet charge?
Hmmm, it looks like there are many more questions than answers, doesn't it? This is true. So how do you go about preparing for the potential purchase of a parrot?
Written by a long-term parrot owner, Maureen Pace shares her hands on experience in simple terms. Her passion for her parrots is evident as she shares her stories and underpins this primer with her candid reflections, especially on the "do's and don'ts."