Understanding PC Hardware Ebook
Title: Understanding PC Hardware
- Would you like to buy peripherals or upgrade your PC, but haven't a clue where to start?
- Do you feel like a complete dummy when you walk into a computer shop?
Here's a quick and easy way to learn all about the components that make up a PC and how to select new components and peripherals that suit your needs and budget.
The first personal computers were home-built by electronics hobbyists.
When Apple, IBM and others began selling ready-made systems to "normal" folk, most buyers never considered opening the case, even to look, much less make changes.
That was roughly 25 years ago - one human generation, but more than a dozen generations for computers.
By the second decade of the personal computer age, computer stores were selling hard drives, memory upgrades, sound and video cards and other components to an increasingly large segment of the home computer market who wanted to make their PC "more" than what the manufacturer sold them.
Today, such parts can be found in any office supply or general merchandise store - even some supermarkets and drug stores.
But even with this wide and easy availability, even with prices that continue to drop as capabilities continue to rise, many people are convinced you have to be an electronics wizard to open that case.
"Understanding PC Hardware" will help dispel that myth, explaining in simple language, just what each part is, what it does and how it can be replaced.
Here's a summary of everything you will learn in this easy to read information resource...
What's Inside Your Computer
- What is a CPU?
- What is a motherboard?
- Power supply
- Floppy drives - do you really need one?
- All those ports
Cables, cables and more cables
The Five Most Popular PC Upgrades
- Video card
- Sound card
- DVD player/burner
How to Select a Monitor
- Why LCD monitors are better than CRTs
- What questions to ask - and what the answers mean
How to Select a Hard Drive For Your PC
- What memory capacity means
- The different types of drives
- How much memory you need for how you use your computer
- External versus internal drives
- How drive speed affects your use
Choosing a DVD-ROM Drive
- Speed - how to decipher all those letters and numbers
- Interface - there are at least half a dozen possibilities
- Coding, decoding, compression
- Combo drives with CD and DVD read/write capabilities
- Wired versus wireless
- Where once there was no choice, today there are hundreds
- Color and design
- Optical, ball and roller, laser
Selecting a Graphics Card
- Considering card memory, frame rate and speed
- Do you really need more than your computer motherboard's built-in graphics capability?
- Why bigger is not always better
- The three main things to look for in a graphics card
Selecting a Sound Card
- Just as you would with a new receiver for your audio/video suite, look at the card's connectors
- What is bit rate and why it's important
- Consider compatibility with the software you use
Selecting a Printer
- Maximum paper size and format
Selecting a Scanner
- What is your budget?
- What is your need?
- Size of documents to be scanned
|Understanding Business & Management|
Author: Daryl Cowie
Category: Business, Education, Management
|The Kick-ass Aquarium: Understanding The Basic Needs Of Your Fish.|
Author: Luke Domagalski
Category: Fish and Fishing
|Understanding the Phases of The Female Body|
Author: G. Fairweather
Category: Health, Medicine
|Understanding Acne - Causes, Cures, & Myths|
Category: Beauty, Health
|From PMS to PPD: Understanding the Phases of the Female Body|
Category: Health, Women
|Understanding Computer Operating Systems|
|Your Child: Today and Tomorrow|
Author: Sidonie Matzner Gruenberg
Category: Children, Parenting
Site owner: Put the rating form on your site!
Listing wrong or need to be updated? Modify it.
Child Custody (32)
Christian Books (115)
Cover design (3)
Fish and Fishing (60)
For Authors (80)
Green Products (39)
Home Business (182)
How To (236)
Illustrated Picture Books (22)
Law and Legal (26)
Real Estate (64)
SEO and Promotion (76)
Science Fiction (35)
Self Defense (72)
Self Help (500)
Weight Loss (234)
Young Adult (44)
24 Computers ebooks Click here to see the full list of these ebooks
(total value $216.55)
just for $26.95
Any 100 ebooks from 2000+ titles Click here to see the full list of these ebooks
just for $29.95
Get full access to 2000+ ebooks Click here to see the full list of these ebooks
just for $49.95
From: World Wide Web Awards™
E-Library has been selected to receive the World Wide Web Awards™ "Gold"Award.
The World Wide Web Gold Award represents web presence at its best.
Select spelling error with your mouse and press Esc