Unmarried Parents and Child Custody
Once you slip on a wedding ring, the law has you covered-- most state statutes outline rights and responsibilities for married couples.
Few comparable statutes exist to guide the unmarried.
As an unmarried parent, (alone or with a partner) you have a bit more work to find out:
- Who has custody of the child?
- What are your responsibilities as a parent?
- What are your legal rights as a parent?
- How to enforce those rights?
This Publication covers EVERYTHING you need to know about having children while not being married.
- Unmarried Parents Living Together
- Surrogate Mothers
- Paternity Tests
- Paternity Actions
- In Vitro Fertilization
- Frequently Asked Questions
- DNA Tests
- Custody and Visitation
- Blood Tests
- Artificial Insemination
- Artificial Conception
- A Brief Guide to Custody for the Unmarried