Dept 56 Display Tips for Making Beautiful and Memorable Displays
Dear Fellow Department 56 Collector:
Have you ever considered why it is so enjoyable (and important) to make memorable and beautiful displays with your Dept 56 houses?
I can think of five reasons for this:
- Dept 56 Collections are Simply Beautiful and Interesting to Show
The Dept 56 collection of houses and accessories are beautifully designed and always interesting. These artists obviously put a great amount of time and thought into designing the pieces, and never miss adding that unique touch of character to each of them. The finished products leave no doubt about their efforts.
The Dept 56 pieces are simply gorgeous whenever, or wherever, they are displayed, whether it be individually, in a vignette, or in a large display. Since the pieces are so unique and beautiful, it's really hard to go wrong displaying them.
Within a short amount of time, you can take these intricate houses and accessories and make them into an absolutely stunning display.
I will cover all of these topics in the ebook:
- Various Aspects of Placing Houses
- Using a Big Display Table
- The Skirting
- The Display Base
- The Backdrop
- Snow Types
- Preliminary Planning
- Placing the Trees
- Placing and Hiding Light Cords
- Placing Your BIG Accessories, Railroads
- Placing Street Lights
- Placing Accessories and Snow
- Placing / Making Mountains
- Miscellaneous Hints
- Making and Placing Roads
- Making and Placing Bodies of Water
- List of necessary supplies to have on hand
- Display Hints for other displays on furniture, mantels, etc