Listen, It's Just Like Having a Shih Tzu Bible at Your Fingertips...
Instead of false starts and misdirection, you can have the Shih Tzu bible at your fingertips. Here are just a few of the tips, tricks and techniques you'll learn in The Ultimate Guide to the Shih Tzu:
- The Right Way and the Wrong Way of Brushing - Brushing your Shih Tzu's coat should be pretty elementary, right? Well, there really is a right way and a wrong way and I'll fill you in on all the details of how to give your Shih Tzu's coat the loving care it deserves. Too much or too little of this will wreck his coat
- Make Her New Home Feel Welcome - I'll show you exactly what steps to take in order to make your new friend's transition from Mom and siblings to your house be as comfortable and stress-free as possible. Don't know what puppy proofing is?
- Training Can Be Fun and Rewarding ... for Both of You! You'll learn how to housetrain your Shih Tzu as well as what to expect when traveling with him, what he's like when riding in the car, some behavior basics, and what you'll want to have close at hand when on the road
- 5 Steps for Successful Housetraining - Housetraining can occur with a new pup or with a rescue dog who never learned.
- How to Choose the Right Puppy for You - Just as it is with us two-leggers, how puppies relate to one another is an important factor if you're getting a puppy rather than an adult dog. I give you 5 sure fire signs to watch out for so you don't pick the wrong one!
- Exercise and Coat Care Essentials for Your Shih Tzu - These sections include important tips on eye care (they tend to stain so I've given you some suggestions on how to deal with that), Shih Tzu dental care, and a recipe for puppy pushups to relieve boredom
- What Do I Feed Him and When? - While this may come naturally for some, it's an adjustment for the whole family whether you've adopted a pup or an adult dog. I have 5 tips for feeding your Shih Tzu that will give you a sure shortcut to success
- All About the Breed - I'll give you some history and facts about the Shih Tzu's background as well as some things to look for when picking a puppy at the breeder ... like what the build, coat and color should be ... so you choose the best puppy for you
- Puppy or Full Grown Dog? This is one of the first questions I get from clients as they begin their search for their Shih Tzu. In The Ultimate Guide to the Shih Tzu, I outline the pros and cons of each and why you might want to choose a rescue dog
- Come. Sit. Stay. - These are basic commands that all dog owners should use on a daily basis and I'll give you my sure-fire tips to make learning these easy and fun. I'll even show you my secret weapon to stop annoying barking!
- Show Your Shih Tzu! - If you're interested, you'll have lots of tips to help you on your way to Best in Show including proper heeling, handling and show etiquette
- Discipline Without Fear - In this section I'll show you how to make behavior corrections with your Shih Tzu that won't ruin your dog. Skip this section and you may have a dog that is timid or aggressive
- Searching For and Choosing the Right Shih Tzu Breeder - Getting a good start makes all the difference. The search alone can be daunting but I'll give you some tips on where to look for and how to pick a reputable Shih Tzu breeder. Find out the pros and cons of working with a breeder as well as my 5 all-star questions to ask