100’s Of Wonderfully Frugal, Eco-Friendly and Highly Resourceful Ideas, Techniques and Tricks with Detailed Instructions for Just About Everything Having to Do with Gardening
Here’s a sampling of the terrific information you’ll find:
- Stretch your food-dollars by learning how to plant a vegetable garden that includes seeds or cuttings taken directly from the produce you’ve purchased at the grocery store or farmers market. You don’t have to spend another penny to do this! Even apartment dwellers can have a mini veggie garden using cuttings or seeds from store bought produce.
- Learn how to greatly improve your garden soil beyond belief with simple, very easy methods. Nutrient and microbe-rich soil produces happy vigorous plants! You’ll have healthier veggies and fruit that contain more nutrients, flowering plants that give you more and bigger blossoms, and your trees and shrubs will benefit from richer soil as well.
- Extend your growing season by building a cold frame or row cover from free or almost-free reclaimed materials so you can start to garden earlier than the normal spring planting date or after the normal fall planting date for your zone.
- Stop bugs, pests and destructive garden critters from destroying your plants and lawn by using safe non-toxic remedies! Don’t use unhealthy chemicals and pesticides to fight your war on garden pests!
- You don’t have to spend an arm and a leg on (often expensive) gardening tools and equipment. I’ve included lots of easy-to-do DIY projects that will save you lots of money. Learn how to make a multitude of very useful garden tools and other implements from materials and items that normally end up being discarded in the trash or the recycling bin.
- Learn simple but effective non-toxic methods to help control or eradicate weeds from your lawn and garden.
- Learn which insects are wonderful to have living in your garden and which ones aren’t. And learn who eats who! This is just one more non-toxic and organic way to control pest problems. Let Mother Nature give you a helping hand.
- Conserve rain water and greywater for reuse in your garden. City water bills just keep going up and up! Learn how to make your own rain chains and rainwater collection barrel systems from materials that can be reclaimed or purchased very affordably.
- Make sturdy plant cages and supports using reclaimed materials that will last for many years.
- Stop throwing out fruit and vegetable kitchen scraps – that’s gold you’re throwing away! I’ll show you all sorts of different, easy-to-do methods to recycle that nutrient rich kitchen waste into an amendment for your garden soil that’s far superior to expensive store-bought products.
- Save money! Learn how easy it is to be more frugal … more eco-conscious … more respectful of Mother Earth. I’ve put it all together in this 300 page comprehensive compendium …