Original 1996 Edition of the revolutionary dog behaviour and training method known as "The Harmony Program" for dog training advisors, trainers and counselors.
Includes "Good Dog" Guide.
The basic presuppositions of the Harmony programme lie in the idea that a war or a competition produces losers, not winners.
After using "Dominance Reduction Programmes" for some time, it became apparent that in some cases these could be highly destructive to relationships between dogs and owners, and could lead to the presenting behaviour and training problems escalating, rather than being treated successfully.
The Harmony Programme turns the Dominance Reduction Programme inside out and instead, constitutes a set of treatment strategies for behaviour problems which:
- work to increase both the owners and the dogs confidence and self esteem.
- remove power struggles in every aspect of the dog/owner interaction;
- remove conflict, instead of adding conflict;
- foster understanding, compromise and connection between dog & owner;
- create a sanctuary space of love, trust and understanding in which behaviour problems may heal rapidly.
- create a more predictable environment, instead of making the dog's environment ever more scary and unpredictable;