This is a comprehensive bicycle race training guide to assist beginner to intermediate cyclists with detailed information on all aspects of bicycling, bicycle racing, bicycle training, equipment, cycling safety and more.
Members also have access to free ebooks on fitness and cycling and health.
My name is Marietjie and I have been involved in bicycle racing for many years, completing many major bicycle races including the two biggest timed cycling races in the world, the Cape Argus (Cape Town, South Africa) and the 94.7 Cycle race (Johannesburg South Africa), each with more than 28 thousand racing cyclists competing.
When I started out as a beginner cyclist, the total lack of comprehensive guidance and material was my biggest frustration, and therefore I compiled this ebook to assist other cyclists to get everything they will need in one place.
If you are you thinking of entering an upcoming bicycle race but do not really know how to start or how to get yourself ready in time for the event, or if you just want to enjoy the event knowing that you are well prepared, this ebook is for you.
This ebook will give you exact step-by-step strategies to equip and train yourself, without having to go through the experience on a "trial and error" basis, as I had to do when I first started out.
No need to search through several cycling books, magazines and so-called cycling guides to find some of this information in bits and pieces, resulting in you missing out on critical information and making mistakes in the process.
All the legwork has been done for you and you will benefit from all the experience I have gained to be able to provide you with all the best information you are looking for, all easily accessible and all at the same place, and also a lot more free stuff!
Some of the typical problem areas addressed are as follows:
Choosing the right bicycle for you, and pitfalls to avoid:
- Learn the bicycle riding techniques you need to know to be competitive and safe, such as drafting, bunch riding, rules and etiquette during a race and within a bunch, drinking while racing and water bottle handling, hand signals and what is expected with regards to signalling.
- Know what to look for when buying a bicycle for cycling races. With so many types and models on the market, and with the added aspect of COST, this is a potential minefield!;
- Learn what to do to lose weight with cycling, which foods will enhance, and which foods will hamper cycling performance, what gels or drinks to consume during a cycling race, etc.
- Learn how to train, to successfully climb - and how to improve your power.
- This ebook provide details on how to choose an event, what to look for in a first cycle race, how to enter, qualifying criteria, licensing, how to prepare adequately for the demands of race day, what to do on the day of the race, what to pack, what to eat, where to go, etc.
- Know what you need for and how handle emergency roadside repairs;
- Know what Bicycle Equipment you will need and what not. Know what additional cycling gear you need to participate in a cycling race, what are compulsory, and what are "nice-to-haves". Know how to setup your equipment;
- You will learn about cross training, improving your cycling speed, improving your endurance - essential when you start entering longer distance races.
- Learn also what to do during the race to ensure the best possible result, what to do immediately after the race to reduce recovery time, what role does nutrition play in the success or failure of a cyclist, what to eat before, during and after a cycling race.
- Learn how to properly care for your bicycle, when to lube and wash and when not to, and what type of lube, detergent to use, etc.;
- Know how to properly fit your bike. What height is right for you, how should your saddle fit, etc.;
- You will also learn which training program will provide adequate fitness and skill to be able to participate successfully in your first race. How to train to get fit for a cycle race, choosing the correct cycling training schedule and what cycling training mistakes to avoid.
"The Complete Beginner Racing Cyclist Guide" address all the questions and aspects in a practical, to the point guide to prepare and get ready for cycle racing.
This complete ebook will ensure you are equipped, ready and trained in the shortest period of time to complete in any cycle race with ease!