Learn how to prepare, make the move, get settled, market yourself, and start teaching in the land of sand and samba.
Here are only a few of the things you’ll learn:
- Arranging job interviews before you even leave home
- Where the jobs are – so you can find work quickly (Be sure to check out the super offer at checkout for a listing of language schools.)
- Types of teaching jobs
- Whether you should invest in getting a teaching certificate
- When to come – and when NOT to! – so you can make money right away and not sit idle
- How to minimize class preparation time – while still delivering great classes!
- Some of my favorite class activities and materials
- How to assess a student’s strengths and weaknesses and structure a custom training program
- The most common problems Brazilians have when learning English
- What to pack in your backpack for a day of teaching
- Understanding and working with Brazilians
- Creating a schedule that maximizes income while leaving you plenty of time to play!
- Developing a niche
- Working with schools and finding private students including the single best way to find new students
- How to determine your fair market value – and command the highest rate
- Where to go to find ESL books, materials, and class ideas, plus tons of sites in the appendix.
- Minimizing class cancellations
PLUS, I’ll give you the low-down on all kinds of basic logistical stuff, including:
- Things to bring
- Do you need a visa? What kind?
- Learning basic Portuguese
- Getting a cell phone – your lifeline!
- How to find a temporary place to live before leaving, and a more permanent place after arriving
- Accessing money back home, budgeting and other money matters
- PLUS: Life outside of work, assimilating, health and safety, staying in touch, and more.