The (Sales) Prospecting for Engineers Manual
A complete guide for any engineering, scientific and technology company wanting to increase sales fast at low or no cost. It teaches you everything you need to be successful at winning new clients for technical products and services.
Sales-led companies use prospecting as their standard way of developing business because it is simple and has been proven effective over decades. But very few technical organisations have followed this example. That's a shame because the method works for any activity and it can deal with some otherwise difficult problems:
- If your business has times when there's too much work and others when there isn't enough, prospecting can regulate the workflow and make it more manageable.
- It can improve the profitability of the jobs you win and increase the proportion of quotes that turn into orders.
- Competent prospecting gives you a potent advantage in competitive markets.
- Plan your prospecting campaign.
- Make a list or database of prospects.
- Identify your target.
- Give your offer impact.
- Read the prospect's mind with powerful questions
- True stories
- Make follow up calls which pay.
- This technique gets you the best prospects.
- 100 Ways to Find New Business.
- Effective answers to prospecting problems.
- A simple way to get started.
- Deliver the message.
- Tune your operation by keeping records
- Presenting your offer with impact.
- Why prospect?