There are two ways to train for rugby...
Like an amateur or like a professional.
Amateurs use generic workouts to train for rugby.
Here’s how you know you’re using a generic workout:
- you don't use specific exercises that mimic the stresses of your position like scrummaging or tackling
- your workout is not unique to you and your position and does not focus on your personal strengths & weaknesses
- you use workouts from magazine's like Men's Health and expect it to make you a better rugby player
- your workouts don't progress every couple of weeks on a schedule, changing set/rep prescriptions
How do professional props train?
These are workout programmes that:
- use specific exercises to mimic scrum engagements, tackling, and lifting
- are custom-built for props and tailored to your position and style of play
- build explosive muscle mass rather than just pure strength like most props
- progress every couple of weeks using 1-4 week "meso-cycles"
When you use High Intensity Rugby Training, you're training for performance and you'll notice a drastic difference within just a few weeks. But be warned: High Intensity Rugby Training or H.I.R.T. is a step up from normal gym work.
The training I use has helped players I've worked with make it to the 1st XV for semi-pro clubs, get selected by rugby academies, begin professional careers, and even play in rugby world cups. High Intensity Rugby Training is powerful and will give you a massive advantage over other props who, frankly, don't know how to train for rugby properly.
Inside, you will receive:
- the three key exercises for devastating scrummaging used by professional prop forwards all over the world
- a professional 16-week prop forward training programme based on elite strength & conditioning science
- the exact set/rep prescriptions every prop should use for maximum strength and power gains
- the fastest way to get noticed by scouts and selectors for the 1XV, academies, and professional clubs
- a step-by-step workout blueprint for building a thick, muscled chest, tight stomach, and sculpted back