Poor Man's Guide to
Welding With Batteries
Build a homemade welder. Yes, Battery Welding can be fun. You can use batteries to make a homemade arc welder!
This ebook is for the do-it-yourselfer that wants a very inexpensive but POWERFUL and portable arc welder. It is for someone that may live off the grid or doesn't have 240 volt power to their workshop or the place where the welding needs to be done. It is for someone that wants an easy to build pulser / charger for bringing back to life car batteries that have been thrown out. I even use the pulser for fixing my nicads.
This was great because I could put the welder in the back of my truck and weld anywhere. I even bought 3 of those cheapo (12 v - 2 watt) solar panels and put them in series so that they would charge 36 volts. That way they are always charged.
I've even welded 1/2 inch plate steel before and it was no problem!
This ebook will show you the following:
- How to control current for different welding jobs
- How to do it all for under $60 including cable and charger
- How to get free automotive batteries
- Plans for pulser / charger circuit with only 3 easy to find parts
- Simple busbar that can handle 825 amps to connect batteries
- How to fix those batteries with a pulser / charger
- How to make a 15,000 watt arc welder