eBook Title: Piano Tuning
- Miscellaneous Topics Pertaining to the Practical Work of Tuning. Cause of the Beats. Finishing up the Temperament. Tuning the Treble. Tuning the Bass. False Waves, Stringing. Wire Splicing,
- Regulating and Repairing. Faults in Pianos aside from the Action and their Remedies. Regulating and Repairing the Upright Action,
- Regulating and Repairing the Square Action. Miscellaneous Repairs,
- Action of the Square Piano. Action of the Grand Piano. Instructions for Removing the Square and Grand Piano Actions,
- Theory of the Temperament. Equal Temperament. Unequal Temperament,
- Miscellaneous Items Pertaining to the Practical Work of Tuning, Regulating, and Repairing. Comparison of the Different Systems of Temperament. System A. System B. System C. Final Inspection. Loose Pins. Split Bridges.
- Mathematics of the Tempered Scale. Rationale of the Temperament. Proposition I,
- Technique or Modus Operandi in Piano Tuning. Manipulation of the Tuning Hammer. Setting the Mutes or Wedges in the Upright Piano. Setting the Mutes or Wedges in the Square Piano,
- The Temperament. Beats, Waves, Pulsations. The New System of Temperament. The Octave. The Fifth. Pitch.
- Rationale of the Temperament, Concluded. Proposition II. Proposition III. Numerical Comparison of the Diatonic with the Tempered Scale. Various Mathematical Tables and Examples,
- Tuning and Repairing the Reed Organ. Cleaning. Stops. Examination. Sticking Keys. Leaks. Pedal Defects. Sympathetic Vibrations. Tuning,
- Concluding Professional Hints. Peculiar Expressions Used in Designating Qualities of Tone. Questions often Asked the Piano Tuner. Seasons for Tuning,
- The Study and Practice of Piano Tuning,
- Specific Instructions in Setting Temperament. The Continuous Mute,
- General construction of the piano and something of its evolution and history,
- Diagram of the Fischer System of Temperament,
- Technical Names and Uses of the Parts of the Upright Action,
Buy this ebook here.