This companion book is chock-full of useful advice designed to make sure you never get tangled up in the yo-yo diet trap again. I want you to stop struggling with this discouraging cycle of losing weight and gaining it back; losing weight and gaining it back; down and up, down and up, just like a yo-yo.
Out with the Yo-Yo Dieting; In with the Long Term Fat Loss reveals:
- The shocking truth about why you have trouble reaching your goals - assuming you've even made any. There's a lot more to reaching your goals than writing them down. I'll teach you all about the SMART system of goal setting so you can set long term goals and mini goals that are realistic and reachable.
- How having the right frame of mind sets the stage for everything else that follows. Your mind is a powerful thing and you need it to support you, not hinder you. Negative thoughts and limiting beliefs are more common than you realize and both will thwart your efforts to get healthy. You've got to turn all those negatives into positives and I'll show you how.
- How simple things like friends and photos increase your success. Out with the Yo-Yo Dieting; In with the Long Term Fat Loss isn't about dieting, it's about learning how to be healthier. Along this journey, the temptation to fall back into your "old" way of life will be fierce. The more motivation tricks you have up your sleeve, the easier it'll be to resist those temptations.
- Which foods suppress hunger, which ones fuel your body, and which ones can reduce your risk of heart disease. Not all foods are created equally! In order to feed your body the optimum daily mix of macronutrients, you've got to understand the roles that the three primary ones play. This is a lesson in biochemistry anyone can understand.
- How to overcome the obstacles in your life. When you're trying to lose weight, friends, social events and dining out can all thwart your best efforts if you're not prepared. I'll show you how to assess these and other situations so you're better able to resist temptation and deal with peer pressure.
- How to choose the "right type" of exercise for a fitter, leaner, firmer you. Like food, not all exercise is created equally. When you choose the wrong types of exercise, you're just wasting your time. I'll outline three different-duration workout routines that rebuild your metabolism to burn maximum calories while you're exercising and when you're parked on the couch watching TV.
- The secret to busting through your weight loss plateaus. Plateaus are one of the most frustrating aspects of weight loss and unfortunately, they're inevitable. Believe it or not, cheating is the best way to burst through those frustrating times. But you have to know how to cheat strategically to win this battle with your body.