Some years ago I started asking infertile couples how often they made love. I was surprised at first and then alarmed to discover that more than half of the couples rarely had sex. Many of them only had sex once a month to try and coincide with the timing of her ovulation.
Making Love and Babies is a book which will help all couples whose sexual relationship is a chore rather than a vital, loving experience. It will help relationships and self esteem as well as helping those who wish to conceive.
Synopsis: Making Love and Babies by Dr Judy Ford
Sex is a basic and pleasurable activity that naturally leads to conception. Why is it then that infertile couples have infrequent sex when they desperately want to conceive their own child?
Making Love and Babies explores the history of declining fertility: the pill, abortions, changes in lifestyle and changes in the nature of relationships. It explains why many couples now have infrequent sex and it offers them practical solutions.
- Trust underlies the ability to let go and be truly sexual. Issues leading to loss of trust must be addressed.
- Sex, like all athletic activities, improves with coaching. Men can develop much greater sexual prowess by doing some simple training exercises. They enjoy sex more and excite their partner to greater heights of passion.
- Sex usually declines with age and the length of the relationship. When couples delay having children the sexual fire has often reduced to a simmer.
- Research suggests that the timing of his and her orgasm might have a critical impact on the chances of conception. Modern sexual practices may inadvertently reduce the chances of conception. It is easy to learn how to avoid this trap.
- Pleasurable sex leads to greater desire. Women can discover more about themselves and learn to experience more pleasurable female orgasms.
- Our brain areas for attraction, lust and attachment are in separate compartments. Lust can be reawakened with exercises for whole body sensuality.
- Comfort foods decrease libido. Couples can eat their way to sex or sleep.
- Busy lifestyles often compete with sex. It is exciting to find unconventional times for intimacy that enhance and rekindle sexuality.
Making Love and Babies is full of great advice for couples wishing to conceive and for all couples who just want to improve their relationships, understand each other better, reduce stress, enjoy more great sex.