Table of Contents:
1 The essential ingredients
- What goes wrong?
- What can go wrong?
- The Biological and Behavioural Bases of Reproduction are Genetic
- Multiple Risk Factors
- High Technology Solutions
- Emotions and Reproduction
- Behaviour and Reproduction
- A New Life
2 Physical and Sexual Difficulties
- Taking Action
- Shapes of Bodies and other Physical Disabilities
- Sexual Problems that prevent Reproduction
- Health Problems that prevent successf Intercourse
- "Doing what comes naturally......."
3 Messages of Childhood and Past Experiences
- Where to Now?
- The Time is not Right
- Psychogenic Factors
- Previous Emotional Traumas and Recurrent Miscarriage
- Life's Script
- Fear of a Partner as a Parent
- Contemplate your own Life Experiences
4 Taking a Look at Body Messages
- What is too much Stress?
- What can we learn from our Body Messages?
- Temperature Regulation and Male Fertility
- Tackling Problem Areas
- Optimal Reproductive Function
- Ideal Body Weights for Reproduction
- Drinking Habits and Dehydration
- Age in Men and Women
5 Toxic Exposures: At Home and Work
- iv. Chemicals that affect cell function
- iii. Oestrogens and chemicals which mimic oestrogens
- ii. Chemicals which cause cells to make errors of division
- i. Damage to genes and chromosomes
- What are toxins?
- Toxic chemicals and radiations
- Other activities which might expose you to chemicals
- How do toxic substances enter our bodies?
- How chemicals leave the body: Detoxification strategies
- Home renovation
- General principles of avoidance
- Effects of toxins on reproduction
- Chemical exposures at work and at leisure
6 Taking a look at Illness and Medication
7 Taking a look at Foods, Drugs, Drinks and Diets
8 Diseases of the Urinary and Genital Tracts
9 Unusual but Important Problems
10 Genes and Chromosomes, Problems they can cause
11 Learning from Chromosome Tests of your Miscarriage
12 During pregnancy In Summary