Here Is A Summary Of All The Important Topics You'll Find In "Incredible Chickens!"
Important First Steps
- How to determine if your local government allows the raising of chickens at home.
- Chickens are a big responsibility; the ethics of ownership.
- Understand the financial implications of owning chickens.
- Learn what kinds of regulations and requirements are usually involved when owning chickens.
- What to do before you spend a single penny.
- How to keep your neighbors informed what you can do to keep them happy.
Chickens...The Essential Facts
- Why adding or removing members of a flock can be disruptive...and what to do about it.
- See why the ancient Romans and Greeks idolized them.
- Learn what combs and wattles are and the purpose they serve.
- Chickens don't have teeth, so how do they eat? The digestive system explained.
- Hens and Roosters...learn the important roles each has within the flock.
- Discover where chickens came from and when they were domesticated.
- Behavior...important information you must know about the flock's social structure.
- Learn the reasons that they were first bred...and it wasn't for food!
- What is a chicken anyway? An overview of chicken physiology and anatomy.
- Discover which are the rarest varieties of chicken.
- Poultry keeping; learn how to choose the best breed for your purpose.
- Understand the differences between commercial and exhibition breeds.
- Learn which breeds lay white, brown or colored eggs.
- Learn which kind of chickens lay the best eggs.
- How to choose the best breed to meet your needs.
- An anatomical diagram to learn which end is up.
- The number of breeds and the number of different physical combinations that exist.
- Find out which breeds are best for cold climates.
- See how to care for and train your chosen breed.
- Find out which breeds can be kept as pets.
- Where you can find good breeders.
- Learn the four main categories of chickens and the differences between them.
Eggs and Chicks
- I'll tell you where you can purchase fertilized eggs or day old chicks and have them delivered to your door overnight.
- Everything you need to know successfully incubate eggs.
- How to tell if an egg has been fertilized and how long it takes to hatch.
- Starting with eggs or chicks...pros and cons.
- Learn what Mareks Disease and Coccidiosis is and how to protect your baby chicks from these deadly killers.
- How to determine the sex of your baby chicks.
- Discover the two most critical elements of the incubation process.
- What you need to do to get ready for the delivery of live baby chicks.
- Learn why starting with eggs can be a crap shoot.