Trying to help a loved one cope with grief, but just don't know what to do?
our unique, practical guide for the friends and families of the bereaved tells you exactly how to help without getting in the way
"An exemplary work on a difficult subject" - renowned author Nigella Lawson
If There's Anything I Can Do: helping you to help others
- Packed with reassuring suggestions for how to help out, put together by the author, whose partner died leaving her with two young children, and many other contributors who have lived through one of life's biggest challenges
- Gives you the confidence to just do things and offer assistance without worrying
- A much-needed book of advice on what not to do or say around bereaved friends and relations, as well as all the right things to do and say
- Suitable for English speakers all over the world; the principles in this ebook apply whether you are in the US, Canada, the UK, Australia, South Africa...
- An immensely practical, helpful resource which shows you exactly how to help a bereaved friend or relative without getting in the way
What kind of suggestions will you find in this ebook?
It is an enormously practical reference book, packed full of suggestions which you can implement immediately, showing you the best ways to do things like:
- doing odd jobs around the house and garden
- buying the right gift
- cooking and shopping for the bereaved
- writing a condolence letter when someone loses a loved one
- helping with children and teenagers
- how to offer to help without causing offence
- how to make holidays and short breaks fun again
- being there for the long haul
- helping with the mountain of paperwork that bereavement brings
- how to really listen to your bereaved friend