All the Tools You Need to Start and Run a Successful Secretarial Service
Table of Contents:
Part I. Secretarial Business
Answers To Frequently Asked Questions About Starting Your Secretarial Business
- What services to offer.
- Typical services provided by secretarial services.
- Specialized services you can offer in your secretarial business.
- Skills needed.
- Phone line.
- Offer business support services.
- Making the business legal. (How to register your business. How to get a business license. Where to get more information about obtaining a business license in your state. How to register a fictitious business name.)
- How to choose a name for your secretarial business.
- Equipment needed.
- Business start-up checklist.
- Additional secretarial and administrative services you can offer in your secretarial business.
- A little-known market for transcription work.
- Start-up cost.
Who Are Your Secretarial Clients
- Writers and Publishers.
- The general public, miscellaneous, and occasional work.
- Business and industry.
- 6 Basic Markets.
Proven Inside Marketing Strategies from the Pros to Expand Your Secretarial Service in Record Time
- Reveals what marketing methods are most effective to generate clients to start your secretarial service or expand your existing business.
- 24 Ways to Promote Your Secretarial Services.
- 10 Ways to Boost Your Business in Record Time
Part II. Rates, Forms, Templates, Letters, and Agreements
How to Charge for Your Secretarial Services
- SBA pricing guidelines
- Rate sheet
- Rate calculation sheet
- Letter to clients providing quotes for business transcription
- How to charge for business transcription
Forms & Templates
- Proofreading disclaimer
- Fax cover sheet
Letters to Promote Your Secretarial Service
- 6 Promotional Letters
- Agreement for Secretarial Services
- Independent Contractor Agreement
Part III. Postcards
- 3 special occasion postcards for New Year, Thanksgiving, and Halloween.
- 2 special offers for slow times.
- 13 promotional postcards.