"Learn how to audition speakers the 'Critical Listening' way"
List of evaluation steps you'll find on this page:
- How to evaluate Efficiency
- How to evaluate Midrange Frequencies
- How to evaluate Ambience
- How to evaluate Accuracy
- How to evaluate Soundstage
- How to evaluate High Frequencies
- How to use the Evaluation Check List
- How to evaluate Distortion
- How to evaluate Stereo Image
- How to evaluate Dispersion
- How to evaluate Low Frequencies
"Impress your friends with your new speaker system and your new found 'listening skill'... even if you're a loudspeaker dummy"
On this ebook I'm going to show you...
- How to identitfy the general good and bad sound of speakers!
- What "coloration" term means!
- What is good "imaging"!
- What is a "boomy" speaker!
- How a speaker is considered having "beaming" problems!
- What "crossover distortion" is all about!
- The typical "terms" used by audiophiles to evaluate speakers!
- Difference between "intermodulation" and "harmonic" distortion!
- How to beware of speaker first impressions!
- What is "soundstage"!
- How to determine speakers "accuracy"!
- Step-by-step course how to evaluate any type of speaker system!
- What is "timbre"!
- What is "ambience"!
- Why a "speaker evaluation check list" is important!
- How to identify deficient "high frequencies"!
- How to identitfy "doubling" of the bass produced by the woofer!
- How to check for good "presence"!
- What speaker type to avoid auditioning in the store environment!
- How to gauge the efficiencies of the speakers!
What the course does is:
- teach you how to listen carefully and describe what you hear using the critical listening vocabulary.
- save you time and help you skip the learning curve.
- ultimately help you to stop relying on manufacturers' sales literature, confusing specifications, seller's comments and buyer's reviews.
- teach you to consider the performance of a given speaker as it relates to your own listening tastes.
- teach you to develop your listening skills.
- teach you not to make mistakes buying poor sounding speakers and save money in the process.
- break down each test in a short, concise and in easily understandable manner.
- teach you to recognize the factors that impact your perception of music.
- teach you what sound and music material is appropriate for each listening test.