How To Cook a Hangi the Traditional Maori Way.
Your search for quality Hangi information is over! You’ve found it! The Complete NZ Hangi Guide is the MOST comprehensive Hangi resource available.
The really good news is that I videoed the whole thing and took heaps of notes! Since then I’ve done loads of Hangi's on my own and I’ve learn from my own mistakes. So NOW I’ve written this Hangi Guide, especially for you guys! It includes all of the important information that you won’t find anywhere else, but you NEED to know! Such as:
- Maori Hangi - The size and shape of your Hangi basket is VERY important! All the info is in here plus I’ll also tell you the best places to buy them.
- Hangi Cooker - Not ALL soil is created equal! I’ll tell you how to carefully choose your Hangi spot and what type of earth is the best for putting down your Hangi.
- How To Make A Hangi - Hangi rocks are probably the most important factor in your Hangi success. I’ll tell you the geological classification of the rocks you’ll need including full high-resolution colour pictures so you can identify the right Hangi stones easily.
- Hangi Sacks, Cloths and Tools - An exact list of the necessary materials you’ll need including dimensions, how many you’ll need and where you can find them.
- Wood - You’ll discover which wood gives the best taste. Plus I’ll tell you the which types of timber make the best fire and which combination of both is preferable for your Hangi fire.
- Hangi Food - A complete list of the meat and vegetables you SHOULD have in your Hangi, as well as a few things you should never include. Also how to pack your food into your Hangi basket so it doesn’t burn on the bottom.
Recipes are also included for stuffing, steam puddings and fried bread, YUM!