If you've always wanted to be a jingle singer....
Or if you've suddenly gotten the urge....
But you don't know how or where to start....
This is exactly what you're looking for:
HOW TO BECOME A JINGLE SINGER
by Ken R.
What Will You Learn From This Book?
- Your two requirements for success as a jingle singer
- Your demo: What to include, how to structure the contents
- Your demo cover
- Working with producers
- Why "rejection is your friend"
- What to do when the studio calls you!
- What to do to make sure you get paid. (Remember, your dream is to be a professional jingle singer.)
- Should you offer your own suggestions in a recording session?
- Should you get paid for coming back for a "redo"?
- Should you get paid for an "audition"? (That's a very "inside" question, because in the jingle business "audition" has more than one meaning.)
- Selling yourself on the phone
- Organizing your contact information
- Marketing do's & don'ts for jingle singers
- Identifying your market
- How, where and why you should "network"
- How to turn yourself into a marketable commodity
- How to handle requests to sing "freebies"
- How to contact prospects
- How to avoid paying for other people's mistakes
- How often to "follow up" after you've made contact
- Do you need an agent?
- Do you have to quit your "day job" to sing in a studio?
- Do you have to be able to sight-read music? (Short answer: It depends on the type of singing you specialize in.)
- Compiling your list of prospects (including exactly where to find them)
- Additional necessary marketing