The 6 important steps you must know before you can even begin to think of holding a successful garage sale or yard sale (this also applies to estate sales, rummage sales, jumble sales and tag sales). This will ensure that your sales look professional and because you have all your bases covered you will make every cent possible.
Inside You’ll Discover….
1 – INTRODUCTION TO THE BUSINESS OF GARAGE SALES
- The 6 critical steps to running a successful garage sale because mastering these 6 steps is the difference between on OK garage sale and a great one.
- The critical order of events so that you do not make these common rookie mistakes that could literally save you thousands of dollars over your garage sale career.
- The business opportunity that exists so that you can make more money than anyone else at garage sales.
2 – WHEN TO HAVE YOUR GARAGE SALE
- Which dates to avoid so that your garage sale does not turn into a damp squib.
- Ensure that you have all the legal issues covered so that you are always on the right side of the law (and your neighbours)
- The two critical factors you MUST consider to ensure you hold your garage sale on a date that will enable you to get your customers to spend heavily with you.
3 – GARAGE SALE INVENTORY
- What products you can sell on a garage sale. The answer will surprise and delight you!
- The best type of products to sell and whether you should specialise in any particular product line. You will then become the expert in your neighbourhood in your chosen product lines.
- How to ensure you find every piece of “junk” in your house for your first garage sale. I promise you that you will uncover stuff to sell in places that you never would have thought to look without these powerful suggestions.
- Where to get the products for your garage sales. This will allow you to effortlessly collect enough inventory to have a monster sale every time you decide to have one. Monster sales mean monster profits!
- The 6 best places to get inventory after you have sold all your own stuff. Make sure your sales are always well stocked and the focal point of your neighbourhood
4 – GARAGE SALE PRICING – PRICING YOUR INVENTORY
- The two different reasons for your sale and the effect that this will have on your pricing. You will be able to price correctly depending on the ultimate objective of your sale.
- Easily determine the best price to charge for any item. Never be stuck with not knowing how to price an item and make sure you always get the most money you can for all your goods.
- How to price new goods still in their packaging. People will often pay more than you think for this.
- A list of rookie pricing errors to avoid. Make sure that you get top dollar for your stuff but that at the same time your goods are also priced to sell so that you are not still left with them after the sale.
- What price range is the best for fast sales. You will be able to get everyone at your sale to buy from you, even if they did not intend to (this is great for sucking in the men whose wives drag them along to these sales!)
- How to give yourself “wiggle room” in your pricing to deal with hagglers. If you know this in advance you will be at an advantage in the haggle negotiations! You will also know whether you can sell bulk items to professionals and still make a profit.
- Whether you should show a price on each item or not. This is vital as getting it wrong will cost you A LOT of sales.
- Some inside secrets on how to deal with hagglers. Turn the tables on them by making them feel that they got the best deal!
5 – DISPLAYING YOUR GARAGE SALE INVENTORY
- How to logically group items together. This will increase your sales because it will encourage your customers to buy more because they can find all of the related products in one place.
- How to “package” items together to make more sales. This will ensure that you do not get stuck with a few “unrelated” things that you have to throw away…look after the pennies!
- How to safeguard small expensive items as well as breakables. Any loss should be avoided and these are the biggest risks to a successful sale.
- The best way to display many different types of items. Your customers will be impressed because they will be able to clearly see all of your merchandise, which obviously will result in more money for you.
- Which items to put at the entrance to create an enticing display. This will make people stop their cars to come and look at your sale because the curiosity will just kill them if they don’t!
6 – GARAGE SALE ADVERTISING
- I will show you a whole bunch of FREE ways to advertise your sale. This will help get to customers whome you ordinarily may not have.
- How to plan a comprehensive advertising campaign. The success of your entire sale depends on this. Make sure you have as many people as possible at your sale and make sure they come to you first while they still have money!
- The best way to craft your ads for the different advertising mediums. You will be able to get the maximum exposure from each medium.
- When to start your advertising. Make sure you get the best value for money and that you’re advertising is not wasted.
- The minimum information that you will need for classified ads, flyers posters and signs. Make sure your customers know exactly where to find you and what to expect…you will have them flocking to your sale in droves.
- The best types of materials to use for your signs. Make sure that your signs stay up in inclement weather. They are no good if they get blown down or destroyed by rain!
- How to design the most effective posters and signs. This is NOT OBVIOUS and can significantly affect the number of people that end up at your sale. This may be worth the price of this course alone!