This fractions ebook will help you acquire a deep and thorough understanding of fractions. The ebook starts with an an explanation of important concepts in number theory, such as the greatest common factor and the least common multiple that are crucial in understanding fractions. That part is important, so don't skip! The end goal is to make sure that not only you have what it takes to avoid common pitfalls, know why you are doing this or that, but you also know all shortcuts and tricks to successfully work with fractions.
If you are serious about learning fractions, here is what you will learn in this fractions ebook:
- All lessons and concepts are fully illustrated with strong modeling to enhance and deepen understanding
- Avoid common pitfalls and discover every trick and strategy that will help you master fractions
- All the essentials of number theory that are crucial in understanding fractions
- A brief, but very thorough introduction to fraction
- Renaming mixed numbers and improper fractions with modeling. Strongly recomended
- Simplifying fractions using the greatest common factor
- Deep understanding of division of fractions. Why do we invert the fraction at the bottom?
- Deep understanding of multiplication of fractions. Why do we multiply the numerators and the denominators?
- A good explanation of equivalent fractions
- Proper, improper fractions, and mixed numbers
- Adding and subtracting fractions with graphs and with the use of the least common multiple
- Comparing fractions using the least common multiple along with use useful tips to quickly compare fractions