THIS PUBLICATION IS DIVIDED INTO THREE CHAPTERS:
1. What You Need To Know About Child Custody and Child Support In Canada
2. Specific Help For MEN Involved in a Child Custody Case
3. Custody Cases and Legal Summaries In Canada
SECTION 1: Canadian Child Custody: Custody Definitions and Q & A
- What kind of parenting plans are there?
- What happens to child custody if I move away?
- What does the court look at to determine custody?
- What are the basics of child custody?
- What are some Canadian child custody acts?
- Dealing with denial of access to your children
- Clinical issues and child custody
SECTION 2: Child Custody Arrangements: Characteristics and Outcomes
- What are the factors which affect child custody arrangements?
- What are the characteristics of typical custody arrangements?
SECTION 3: Child Support in Canada
- What are the tax rules?5. Are your payments considered "support" payments?
- What are Canadian child support guidelines?
- How to calculate the child support you will owe (tables listing amounts included)
- Do these guidelines apply to you?
SECTION 4: Provincial and Territorial Child Support Contact Information
- Provincial and territorial child support contact information listed by region
SECTION 5: Canadian Legal Aid and Low Cost Legal Help Contact Information
- Canadian legal aid and low cost legal help offices listed by region
SECTION 6: Frequently Asked Legal Questions
- Who can get custody?
- Who can get access and visitation?
- What is custody?
- What is access and visitation?
- What could cause access and visitation to be denied?
- How are orders or agreements enforced?
- Are different custody arrangements possible?
Specific Help for MEN Involved in a Child Custody Case
- Things for Men to be Aware of When in Custody Court
- How to Find the Right Attorney To Handle Your Case
- A Checklist to Make Certain That You Are Fully Prepared For Your Custody or Visitation Court Case
- 25 Key Strategies to Help You Achieve A Successful Conclusion To Your Court Case
Custody Cases and Legal Summaries In Canada