This Publication presents the largest volume of pertinent information about Child Custody in Canada ever developed.
There are 232 total pages, divided into six different sections, that can be viewed and printed individually. You will not be rushed--- you will be able to return to the Download Site over and over to view or print the information as you need it (including any new information that is added).
SECTION 1: Canadian Child Custody:
Custody Definitions and Q & A
- What does the court look at to determine custody?
- What are the basics of child custody?
- What kind of parenting plans are there?
- What happens to child custody if I move away?
- What are some Canadian child custody acts?
- Dealing with denial of access to your children
- Clinical issues and child custody
SECTION 2: Child Custody Arrangements:
Characteristics and Outcomes
- What are the factors which affect child custody arrangements?
- What are the characteristics of typical custody arrangements?
SECTION 3: Child Support in Canada
- What are the tax rules?5. Are your payments considered "support" payments?
- What are Canadian child support guidelines?
- How to calculate the child support you will owe (tables listing amounts included)
- Do these guidelines apply to you?
SECTION 4: Provincial and Territorial Child Support Contact Information
- Provincial and territorial child support contact information listed by region
SECTION 5: Canadian Legal Aid and Low Cost Legal Help Contact Information
- Canadian legal aid and low cost legal help offices listed by region
SECTION 6: Frequently Asked Legal Questions
- Who can get custody?
- Who can get access and visitation?
- What is custody?
- What is access and visitation?
- What could cause access and visitation to be denied?
- How are orders or agreements enforced?
- Are different custody arrangements possible?