Top 5 Reasons why online video works to grow your business
1. Video helps you make a personal connection.
- People like to do business with people they know, like and trust.
- Video is the next best thing to meeting someone in person.
- Video helps you become that person your prospective clients know, like and trust, faster and easier.
- The kind of personal connection video creates is especially important for service providers, since what you’re really selling is yourself.
And if you’re afraid to be on camera, don’t worry, they’re gonna love you!
2. Video accelerates the sales process.
- What if you could take out several steps in that process.
- In a traditional sales process, your prospective client has to find you, then meet you in person, then you close the sale, and then you get to do business with them.
- How much time and effort would that save you?
- They can “meet” you online, and after they watch your video, they’ll feel like they already know you and want to do business with you.
- With online video, your prospective clients can find you online because they’re already searching for you there.
- People have watched my video online, and then called me up and said, “When can we get started?”
- It happened for me, and it will happen for you.
3. Online video increases engagement on your website.
- On websites withOUT video, the average viewer stays for only 57 seconds.
- That extra 5 minutes of engagement can make all the difference between them picking up the phone to call you, or clicking off your site.
- On websites with video, the average viewer stays for 6 minutes.
4. Online video increases your search engine rankings.
- That’s because online video is a rising trend, and not that many people are in the space yet.
- You might be competing against thousands of other websites for your key search terms, but only a handful of online videos.
- When you post a properly optimized video online, you’re 53 times more likely to appear on Google Page 1 than with just a website.
5. Online video is leverageable.
First, online video leverages your time. You do the work once, and then it keeps working for you, 24/7, with no ongoing effort from you.
The second important way you can leverage online video is that you create one asset but distribute it across multiple platforms.
The same video can appear on:
- Your Website
- LinkedIn Profile
- Email Newsletter
- Google Profile
Here’s the really good news…
- You can use editing equipment you already have access to for free.
- You can make videos that look really good with very affordable consumer cameras or even your SmartPhone.
- You can distribute your video for free online on your website, social media sites, blog, email, Yelp, Google profile, and of course, YouTube, the second biggest search engine in the world.