How Tell a Story and Others
Click here to see the long list of these ebooks
(priced for $3.00 or less).
Title: How Tell a Story and Others
Author: Mark Twain
HOW TO TELL A STORY
The Humorous Story an American Development.--Its Difference
from Comic and Witty Stories.
I do not claim that I can tell a story as it ought to be told. I only claim to know how a story ought to be told, for I have been almost daily in the company of the most expert story-tellers for many years.
There are several kinds of stories, but only one difficult kind--the humorous. I will talk mainly about that one. The humorous story is American, the comic story is English, the witty story is French. The humorous story depends for its effect upon the manner of the telling; the comic story and the witty story upon the matter.
The humorous story may be spun out to great length, and may wander around as much as it pleases, and arrive nowhere in particular; but the comic and witty stories must be brief and end with a point. The humorous story bubbles gently along, the others burst.
The humorous story is strictly a work of art--high and delicate art-- and only an artist can tell it; but no art is necessary in telling the comic and the witty story; anybody can do it. The art of telling a humorous story--understand, I mean by word of mouth, not print--was created in America, and has remained at home.
The humorous story is told gravely; the teller does his best to conceal the fact that he even dimly suspects that there is anything funny about it; but the teller of the comic story tells you beforehand that it is one... Click here to read the full description!
Aesop's Fables Translated by George Fyler Townsend
Click here to see the long list of these ebooks
(priced for $3.00 or less).
Title: Aesop's Fables Translated by George Fyler Townsend
The Wolf and the Lamb
WOLF, meeting with a Lamb astray from the fold, resolved not to lay violent hands on him, but to find some plea to justify to the Lamb the Wolf's right to eat him. He thus addressed him:
"Sirrah, last year you grossly insulted me." "Indeed," bleated the Lamb in a mournful tone of voice, "I was not then born." Then said the Wolf, "You feed in my pasture." "No, good sir," replied the Lamb, "I have not yet tasted grass." Again said the Wolf, "You drink of my well." "No," exclaimed the Lamb, "I never yet drank water, for as yet my mother's milk is both food and drink to me." Upon which the Wolf seized him and ate him up, saying,
"Well! I won't remain supperless, even though you refute every one of my imputations." The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny.
The Bat and the Weasels
A BAT who fell upon the ground and was caught by a Weasel pleaded to be spared his life. The Weasel refused, saying that he was by nature the enemy of all birds. The Bat assured him that he was not a bird, but a mouse, and thus was set free. Shortly afterwards the Bat again fell to the ground and was caught by another Weasel, whom he likewise entreated not to eat him. The Weasel said that he had a special hostility to mice. The Bat assured him that he was not a mouse, but a bat, and thus a second time escaped.
It is wise to turn circumstances to good account.
The Ass and the Grasshopper
Title: 7 Can't Miss Devotionals
Dear Youth Worker,
Devotionals! Quick but powerful Bible studies that pack a spiritual punch. In this Youth Ministry Resource Factory goodie package, you get...
7 Can't Miss Devotionals
One of your seventh graders could pull these off, but don;t let that fool ya. These devos pack simple spiritual truths, while targeting seven topics for teens.
- Tuning Up with the Spirit: This devo shows the difference between life with and without the Spirit.
- Super Bowl Champs (you can change this for any sporting event): How and why every teen has a specific place in the kingdom.
- Pooper Looker
- Now You See It, Now You Don't: How Christ's blood washes away our sins.
- Hot Dog Devo: Helping teens see the Word creatively.
- All Things Together
- "I'm so Mad I Could...": How our anger hurts more than just us.
How to Become a Devo Pro
It's always great to be able to reach for a book of devotionals. But you can create the best devotionals for your group on your own. How to Become a Devo Pro shows you how to put together great devos from start to finish.
- Use a simple outlining formula to keep you focused and in no need of notes.
- Send teens out on a mission to become transformed, not just informed.
- Select the right props and visuals to support and not distract.
- Get purposed, and hammer out exactly what YOUR teens need.
Title: The Passion of James
Bible Lessons with PowerPoint to help your group learn from the brother of Jesus.
- Wise living.
- The Power of Prayer
- Taming the Tongue.
- Planning for the Future.
- Living for God.
- Facing trials and temptations.
- Combining faith and works.
This material is different because you get two versions.
The discussion version is filled with questions to keep the class talking about the scripture. The outline version is for those who like to have a clear cut point by point process to follow. You'll probably want to combine the two for maximum impact!
Title: Positive Parenting
Author: Wendy Jensen
Using the G.O.L.D. Standard, Your Family Can Be A Success!
Benefits of using the G.O.L.D. Standard
- Encourages children to show love for other people
- Encourages children to become more cooperative
- Gives immediate corrective feedback for negative behavior
- Reduces arguing and misbehavior
- Gives children immediate positive feedback for good behavior
- Encourages children to demonstrate kindness and acts of service
- Promotes mutual respect
- Promotes unity in a marriage and family
- Motivates children to help around the house
- Values the power of prayer in your family
- Reduces whining and complaining
- Values family togetherness
- Motivates children to be accountable for their own actions
- Reduces parental nagging
- Encourages "quantity time" as well as "quality time."
- Increases love and harmony in the home
- Teaches children the value of work
- Encourages husbands and wives to work together as a team
Tips and Techniques you will find in this ebook:
- How to teach your child values of character such as love, respect, and service
- Positive, fun ways for children to learn accountability.
- Personalizing the G.O.L.D. Standard to meet the individual needs of your family
- True tried and tested tips to
Title: 101 Strategies for Long Haul Youth Ministry
Do You Ever Feel Like Giving Up?
101 Strategies to Keep You On Track and On Fire for Only Pennies! Plus an Awesome Bonus!
Long-Haul or You-Haul?
You are critical in the spiritual development of teens. Yet the average youth workers only lasts 18 months. Why the short-haul? Mainly because of the three "Ds."
Those three things have youth workers all over the planet keeping U-Haul in business. You don't have to contribute!
101 Full-Blown Strategies...
These are not wimpy little one line quips with no power. You get 212 pages of sure-fire success principles. As Al mentioned above, these are youth ministry tested and PROVEN. And each one comes with insight and ways for you to carry it out in your ministry.
- Use interns
- Stay spiritually healthy
- Remain balanced
- Recharge your batteries
- Plan a youth group reunion
- Make ministry adjustments
- Keep burnout at bay
- Involve parents
- Imitate Jesus
- Handle stress
- Develop student leaders
- Youth ministry gets easier
- Why you're valuable
- The power of reminiscing
- Teach like Jesus
- Taking time for yourself
- Risk taking
- Learning from your
Title: Getting a Grip
13 Bible Lessons with PowerPoint to help your group get a grip on...
Nurturing Creative Children
Click here to see the long list of these ebooks
(priced for $17.00 or less).
Title: Nurturing Creative Children
Author: Dr. Yew Kam Keong
Every child is a creative being. The challenge we have as parents, teachers and caregivers is to tap that creativity and maximize a child's potential.
This is no small responsibility. The closer we come to nurturing that creativity in our children the greater the potential for raising a global network of happy adults.
Once children reach the age where they are launched into the world via public education they are suddenly burdened with the pressure to succeed.
Parents and teachers alike turn their focus on getting good grades rather than succeeding as a human being. This focus on academic excellence is extremely damaging to children.
Of course, academics are important. But not important enough to bring tremendous pressure to bear on our children. Especially when the cost affects the goal of happy, well-rounded kids.
Parents would never intentionally apply harmful behaviors upon their children. Usually the parent is following the mold begun by his or her own parents, thereby creating a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Is academic success the most important element to a child's development? Or, is it better to expose children to an environment where children are allowed to play and explore the world around them?
How can you introduce the element of creativity to your child-rearing process? Glad you asked. "Nurturing Creative Children" is the perfect guide to helping you identify and
Ebook Type: PDF
Title: Busy Moms: The Heart and Soul of a Home
Author: Karen Fusco, Pat Brill
Being a Busy Mom has its Challenges!
"Discover How To Nourish Yourself And Your Family..."
- Teach your kids how to live with passion
- Realize the importance of having your own play dates
- Discover how to let go of perfectionism
- Celebrate and improve the heart of your home
- Learn how to effectively communicate with your child
...learn how to honor the impact you have on your family as a Busy Mom, and do what you do every day with passion and purpose.
With "Busy Moms: The Heart and Soul of a Home" you will:
- Successfully instill good family values in your child: We compete with many varying messages in the media today. It can be really hard to recognize your own values, let alone teach them to your kids! With this ebook, you will discover how to raise your kids with good values!
- Learn the most effective ways to communicate with your child: Communication is the key to any relationship, and by reading this ebook, you'll learn how to enhance the relationships with your children with great communication skills!
- Learn how to spice up your love life: As much as we love them, kids can take up so much of our time. As one half of a couple, you need to work on your relationship too. We share our top tips to help you spice up your love life, while being a great mom!
- Improve the nutritional health of your child: Kids can be difficult when it comes
Title: How to Write a GREAT Children's Book
This comprehensive resource will show you my secrets when it comes to:
- Why children's fiction is different from other fiction
- What you need to consider before you start writing your book
- What is important in children's fiction
- The most common problems novice writers face
- Plotting and creating your book
- How to write realistic dialogue
- How to show your reader instead of telling them
- How to ensure your reader is "hooked" after the first page
- How to create believable characters
- Editing and polishing your work to a professional standard
- All the different types of children's books
Here's what else you'll learn:
- Why logic is vital to all stories, even fantasy
- What are the most important aspects of a children's book
- The straight-forward definition of children's fiction
- The difference between trade and educational publishers
- How to write what children want to read
- How to think your way to success
- How to incorporate research material into your plot
- How to find the time to write every day
- How much description is necessary in a children's book
Child Custody (32)
Christian Books (117)
Cover design (3)
Fish and Fishing (61)
For Authors (89)
Green Products (43)
Home Business (202)
How To (263)
Illustrated Picture Books (23)
Law and Legal (25)
Real Estate (72)
SEO and Promotion (76)
Science Fiction (40)
Self Defense (74)
Self Help (542)
Weight Loss (265)
Young Adult (46)
88 Children ebooks Click here to see the full list of these ebooks
(total value $551.85)
just for $29.95
From: World Wide Web Awards™
E-Library has been selected to receive the World Wide Web Awards™ "Gold"Award.
The World Wide Web Gold Award represents web presence at its best.
Select spelling error with your mouse and press Esc