We have dreams of empowerment and growth and new directions - and great fears and uncertainties - about our own abilities and strength to make those dreams real. Questions and contradictions are more abundant than clear lines to follow, or clear roles to play. Yet we do know that we no longer want just to be ordered, from outside, by 'authorities' directors who do not allow for our own interpretations. The Walkabout Papers feature work from self-directed teachers who address these ideals and concepts.
The Chapters covered in the ebook:
- Guidelines for Developing a Walkabout Program
- The Challenge Approach: The original article.
- The Struggle to Become Self-Directed
- What Practitioners Say About the Challenge Approach
- Guiding Students Through the Process
- A Comprehensive Challenge Approach Program
- Pardon Me. Didn’t I Just Hear a Paradigm Shift?
- Toward a Theory of Self-Directed Learning: A Study of Experts without Formal Training