Are you unsure about attempting blackwork?
You're probably a seasoned embroiderer and no doubt you've seen and admired blackwork. Maybe you thought it looked intriguing but complicated - and that was before someone told you that it needs to look the same on the back as it does on the front! So maybe now you're having second thoughts.
Maybe you've already bought a kit and tried blackwork? Only to be frustrated at the lack of instruction or help provided. You always thought there was a logical method of attack but couldn't work it out? You were expecting it to be a joy instead of a struggle!
There is a learning curve with anything new and good instructions make all the difference to how long this process takes. If things are unclear and you don't know where to go next, the temptation can be to give up and miss out on an enjoyable new hobby or pastime.
What will you learn from the Blackwork for Beginners ebook?
Blackwork for Beginners takes your hand and leads you through:
- Whether to start with the outlines or fill patterns
- Other needlework supplies it would be useful to have handy
- Learn how to start and finish your threads neatly
- How to use wonderful over-dyed threads with their random colour changes
- How to pick the right fill pattern for a particular area
- How to choose fabric, threads and the right needle
- How to add that touch of gold that makes a design sparkle
- How to add shading and depth to your blackwork design and . . . lots more.
Learning the technique is all well and good but you want to actually stitch something don't you? Included in the ebook are eight exclusive designs.
Why do you need Blackwork for Beginners?
If you have ever considered trying blackwork but didn't know where to start - this is the ebook for you.
If you have ever wondered how to make the back of your work as neat as the front - this is the ebook for you.
If you have ever been dumbfounded when looking at a blackwork pattern and had no idea how to tackle it - this is the ebook for you.