"You've always wanted to understand Beowulf, the English heroic epic poem, but never have been able to find the time to understand this truly epic masterpiece."
You don't need a whole semester English literature class to understand this seminal epic heroic poem of English culture. 2 hours is all it takes to learn the epic poem Beowulf!
What you will find inside The Beowulf Ebook:
- A discussion of the main themes and their relation to Anglo-Saxon history.
- Organization of the poem into its main sections, with section summaries.
- An explanation of the relation between the Danes, the Swedes, and the Geats.
- The meaning of the secondary poetic interludes in Beowulf.
- Extensive footnotes throughout the epic poem.
- The explanation of alliteration in Old English poetry.
- A brief description of how the Beowulf manuscript has come down to modern times.
- An analysis of the connection between the Sutton Hoo Site in East Anglia and Beowulf.
- The importance and meaning of "comitatus".
- The relationship between the Geats and the Swedes.
- The meaning of a "kenning".
- A detailed glossary of words and their meaning.
- The implications of Beowulf regarding the intense feuds occurring in the early Dark Ages.
- An interpretation of Beowulf's fate.
- A complete list of characters in Beowulf and their relationships.
- An exposition of the main themes in Beowulf.
- Basic definitions of Anglo-Saxon tribes and culture.
And a lot, lot more!