Hello, my name is Nancy Meier and during my time working at an assisted living facility I saw it all – the good and the bad.
And when I say bad, I mean really bad. Here’s just some of what I witnessed:
- Property and cash theftfrom resident rooms and the community
- Acts of physical and emotional abuse towards the residents
- Employees leaving the premises and abandoning the residents during the overnight shift
- herself as a licensed registered nurse
- An unlicensed individual representing
- Medication errors and negligence,
- thrown into a trash can
- including medical prescriptions being
- Illegal marijuana use by employees on facility grounds
- The licensed administrator arriving at the facility multiple times in a condition of visible intoxication: slurred speech, impaired physical coordination, reddened eyes, and an acute body and breath odor
- Employees having sexual intercoursewith one another in vacant rooms during the overnight shift
- Multiple violations of state regulations as it related to employee training, background checks, and more
And I believe in my heart that I’ve done that with my new book. Armed with this book you will learn how to quickly and easily get answers to important questions like:
- Has this assisted living facility ever been cited for hiring employees with insufficient criminal or professional background checks?
- Have there been complaints about abuse, neglect, and medication mismanagement at this particular assisted living facility?
- Does this assisted living facility stay up-to-date with required employee certifications and training?
- Does the Registered Nurse have any complaints or penalties on file with the state?
- Are all residents and employees screened for tuberculosis and other easily communicable diseases before being admitted to the facility?
- How many times has this facility been in violation of the law in the past year? Past two years? Past five years?
And much, much more!