An easy-to-use, literature-rich preschool curriculum to make learning the ABC fun!
Weekly preschool lesson plans, printable preschool worksheets, easy kids crafts, preschool & kindergarten themes, children's stories, nursery rhymes and more are included.
A practical preschool curriculum for teaching the alphabet and numeracy to kindergarten children.
What ABC Fun will do for you
1. ABC Fun & 1-2-3 is stress-free
With this program your children will learn about the alphabet and numbers in a relaxed and fun manner, using whole books and real life experience and by doing activities that are appropriate for preschool children.
2. Children love stories and stories are good for kids
"Children are made readers on the laps of their parents." (Emilie Buchwald)
If your children have role models (like you), who read and enjoy books and share this joy with them, they will be eager to learn about the letters that make up the printed text in stories.
3. ABC Fun & 1-2-3 provides age-appropriate activities
Research has shown that too much formal learning at a young age can be detrimental to children's development, but using the using the correct methods you can stimulate interest, awaken a delight for learning and lay a foundation for when children are developmentally ready to start formal studies.
4. ABC Fun & 1-2-3 simplifies your life because it
- saves you much research and planning,
- gives you hands-on activities that are do-able (minimal mess and fuss)
- helps you establish a routine in your home or preschool and
- gives you a sense of security as you can see what your children are learning
- gives you a structure to follow,
- gives you something that you can show others too, something your children can take pride in!
Weekly Preschool Lessons Plans
For under $1 per week you will receive 26 weekly lesson plans which each include the following preschool activities:
- Introduction to the letter of the week (large printable letters)
- Story time - reviews of selected stories to read aloud
- Memory pictures - for pictorial narrations
- Bible characters - Christian stories (optional)
- Pre-writing tasks - tactile and gross motor activities
- Stencil sheets - for no fuss art activities
- Food and easy recipes to try
- Alphabet collage - your child creates her own ABC book
- Fun activities and games
- Worksheets- emergent writing and patterns
- Nursery rhymes & songs
- Visual identification
- Number fun - concrete counting activities
In addition to all of the above there are also chapters offering:
- Useful Internet Resources
- Reviews of Other Resources
- Lesson Planning - to help you gently schedule your day
- Advice to New Homeschoolers
- Homeschooling with Babies and Toddlers
- Overview of Learning Activity Categories
- Am I Doing Enough? - encouragement for when doubts come!