Learn how to host your website from your own computer in under one hour...
Let me guess:
- You've been searching for tutorials on how to host your website from home, and if you're a little more knowledgeable about the subject, you've been specifically looking for info on how to set up a web server and domain name.
- You may have clicked on dozens of result links in the search engines and none of the sites gave you all the information you needed. They contained only pieces of information that aren't useful to you unless you have the other piec
- You may have been in a bunch of discussion boards, asking around about this information.
- Some people tried to discourage you by telling you that hosting your site yourself is not worth it. Some gave you some useful information, but you are still missing a whole bunch.
I'm a Software Engineer with a bachelor's degree in Computer Science. I have hosted many websites right from my home, mainly because I enjoy it. Let me clarify something right now... You don't have to be a geek to learn how to host a website. As I was thinking about the process, I broke it down into 7 easy steps. These 7 steps are all you need to do to start hosting your website from home, and they are not difficult. They are only difficult if you don't know the concepts and have no idea how certain pieces work together. But you don't have to worry, because I will teach you everything.
After you learn the steps required you'll be able to start hosting your website yourself in under an hour! Some of you may know some of the steps involved but don't know how to go about them. Below are some of the things that I will show you:
- How to troubleshoot your website so you can become an expert in solving problems.
- How to set up a web server. This includes installing and configuring either IIS, Apache or PWS to make your website accessible by anyone on the internet.
- How to host your site even if you IP address changes all the time (e.g., DSL, Cable).
- How to host multiple websites from one computer
- How to get your own domain name
- How to get people to access your site when they type your domain name in their browser.
- How to do all of this securely so you can host your website while at the same time protecting yourself from hackers.
- How to configure your router so your website is accessible.